Today the Global Skills team heard from Kristy Masella, CEO of Aboriginal Employment Strategy, (pictured) about her career and involvement as a leader within the Aboriginal community.
Recently nominated for NSW Woman of the Year and Indigenous Woman of the Year, Kristy has been a trailblazer for women and Indigenous women in particular. Key takeaways from today’s talk with Kristy include:
- The theme of #InternationalWomensDay is Choose to Challenge – you have a choice to create change and take action. You don’t need to be a CEO or have a fancy title – we all have the ability to influence, inspire and challenge.
- Be passionate about ways that we can all support women who have compounded disadvantages. There is still a lot of work to do.
- When faced with barriers knock them down, walk around them, climb over them or dig under them.
- The pandemic has created improved opportunities for women – companies have had to become more flexible, agile, family and carer friendly.
- The greatest gift you can give someone is to is believe in them. Give them your time, kindness and compassion.