GLOBAL SKILLS CHILD SAFE STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT
Global Skills is committed to the safety, wellbeing and future of young Australians. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children through the provision of safe environments, always acting in the best interests of children and taking action to protect children from abuse and neglect.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PROVIDE SAFE ENVIRONMENTS
Global Skills is fully committed to providing a safe, culturally sensitive environment for children and young people to pursue their goals and to participate in programs and activities to advance their education or career.
Global Skills has adopted the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and regularly reviews these standards to ensure ongoing conformance.
National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- Child safety and wellbeing is embedded in organisational leadership, governance and culture.
- Children and young people are informed about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them, and are taken seriously.
- Families and communities are informed and involved in promoting child safety and wellbeing.
- Equity is upheld and diverse needs respected in policy and practice.
- People working with children and young people are suitable and supported to reflect child safety and wellbeing values in practice.
- Processes to respond to complaints and concerns are child-focused.
- Staff and volunteers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children and young people safe through ongoing education and training.
- Physical and online environments promote safety and wellbeing while minimising the opportunity for children and young people to be harmed.
- Implementation of the national child safe principles is regularly reviewed and improved.
- Policies and procedures document how the organisation is safe for children and young people. childsafe.humanrights.gov.au
OUR COMMITMENT TO ACT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
Global Skills is committed to ensuring that we deliver our services and interact with children and young people in a manner that prioritises their best interests. In all cases, the best interests of children and young people will always come first.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ACT TO PROTECT CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
Our organisation is committed to acting to protect children and all other vulnerable people from physical, sexual and emotional abuse and neglect. All Global Skills staff receive training in National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and are fully aware of their obligations with respect to mandatory reporting. All staff are signatories of a Child Safe Code of Conduct clearly outlining their obligations, including the requirement to act to protect children and young people.